the Gottman Seven Principles Program
The Seven Principles Program for couples is a workshop based on the internationally acclaimed research of Dr. John Gottman as presented in his New York Times Bestselling book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work.
Studies show that the Seven Principles program improves relationship satisfaction among the majority of attendees at a fraction of the cost of traditional couples coaching and counseling.
Get Your Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work Deluxe Package with your registration.
The Deluxe Package combines two Companion Workbooks with one copy of the Seven Principles book, plus a How to Make Relationships Work DVD, the Relationship Guides, and Love Map & Open-Ended Card Decks. The deck is a fun and effective way for couples to get to know one another’s inner lives, thus increasing closeness and friendship. This and the DVD and Relationship Guides are among the most popular additional tools to review for learning new skills and incorporating the material into their partnerships. A $69 value.
Event Dates, Times & Locations
Full Workshop: No workshops are scheduled at this time. Please contact Dr. Murray, if you would like to be added to the list by using the Contact Us link.
What You'll Learn in the Full Workshop:
- Seven Principles Program description
- The research foundation of the program
- Proven tools to help couples
- Improve friendship, fondness and admiration
- Enhance romance and intimacy
- Manage conflict constructively
- Gain skills to address perpetual and solvable problems
- Create shared meaning
- Maintain gains throughout a lifetime
- Format includes lectures and private couple exercises
Is this Workshop for Us?
Couples that would benefit from this workshop:
- Everyone from newlyweds to seniors
- Those who wish to enhance a good marriage
- Those needing better conflict management tools
Couples for whom this workshop is not suited:
- Severe relationship distress
- Emotional abuse
- Domestic abuse
- People not in recovery for their addiction
- Untreated mental health problems in one or both partners
What the workshop is not:
- It is not therapy.
- It is not an event for open sharing of personal problems. All exercises and discussions will occur privately between you and your significant other.