Tom Murray, PhD is approved by the NC Board of Professional Counselors to provide post graduate, clinical supervision to Licensed Professional Counselors and Associates. For more information about supervision please use the Contact Us page to send inquiries. Below are the following areas in which Dr. Murray supports and trains supervisees and consultant-based clients.
- Sex Therapy and Counseling
- Couple and Family Counseling
- Individual Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Implementation of Partners in Change Outcome Management System (PCOMS). PCOMS is an SAMSHA endorsed Evidence-practice designed to improve clinical outcomes of clients and effectiveness of practitioners.
- Transgender Assessments
Licensed Professional Counselor Associate Requirements
- In North Carolina, LPCAs must acquire a minimum of 100 hours of clinical supervision of which 25 hours may be group supervision.
- Supervision must be "live, interactive and visual." Skype supervision is permissible.
- LPCAs must receive one hour of supervision per 40 hours of clinical practice.
Professional Disclosure Statement for Supervision
For additional information about theoretical orientation, fees, etc., please read Dr. Murray's Professional Disclosure Statement for Supervision.